Baltimore Sun Baltimore Sun News Feed
- Ethics Commission reprimands Annapolis mayor over ‘DinghyGate’by Rebecca Ritzel on September 21, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Mayor Gavin Buckley received a formal reprimand for presiding over deliberations to deputize his boat as a city vessel. He should have recused himself, the Ethics Committee said.
- Maryland gubernatorial candidates Dan Cox, Wes Moore court parents, teachers, voters with education a key part of both their platformsby Lillian Reed on September 21, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Maryland gubernatorial candidates Dan Cox and Wes Moore are competing for voters this November on vastly different education platforms in a state that’s home to more than 882,000 public school students.
- Navy midshipman acquitted in Anne Arundel sexual assault jury trialby Dan Belson on September 21, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Jurors determined Wednesday morning that a Naval Academy midshipman was not guilty of second-degree rape following over a week of arguments in Anne Arundel Circuit Court.
- Lawyers deliver closing arguments, jurors to deliberate in Naval Academy midshipman rape trialby Dan Belson on September 20, 2022 at 10:52 pm
Jurors will begin deliberating Wednesday morning whether or not to convict Garrett Lee Holsen, a midshipman second class, of second-degree rape for the May 2021 incident at a party in Annapolis following the Herndon Monument Climb.
- Annapolis City Council brings anti-addiction nonprofit to the Stanton Community Centerby Rebecca Ritzel on September 20, 2022 at 9:03 pm
In a compromise plan that was months in the making, the Downtown Arts District Inc. will share its city-owned space with anti-addiction advocates Street Angels
- Anne Arundel County Council approves executive director of Police Accountability Boardby Dana Munro on September 20, 2022 at 7:16 pm
County Executive Steuart Pittman announced Janssen Evelyn as his appointment to the role early last month out of nine applicants. Since then Evelyn been working as the board’s executive director in an acting capacity pending his confirmation by the council.
- Anne Arundel school redistricting project could be getting biggerby Rachael Pacella on September 20, 2022 at 5:47 pm
With Anne Arundel County Public Schools adding two schools and replacing six others over the next five years, it will consider redistricting nearly half the county to balance attendance as capacity is added. But at least one school board member thinks this effort should expand to cover the entire county.
- Five-car crash in Glen Burnie kills Pasadena man, injures three othersby Brooks DuBose on September 20, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Daniel Calvert, a 46-year-old Pasadena resident, was transported to Shock Trauma where he was later pronounced dead by medical staff.
- Edgewater man accused of shooting roommate in shoulder, charged with attempted murderby Dan Belson on September 20, 2022 at 5:26 pm
An Edgewater man was hospitalized after being shot in the shoulder with a 12-gauge shotgun in what police say was a dispute over drug money.
- Juvenile pedestrian struck by vehicle in Odenton, taken to area hospital as precautionby Brooks DuBose on September 20, 2022 at 2:54 pm
The juvenile was struck around 8 a.m. at the intersection of Cannon Ridge Drive and Town Center Boulevard, suffering non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital as a precaution, said Cpl. Christopher Anderson, a police spokesperson.