Baltimore Sun Baltimore Sun News Feed
- Anne Arundel health officer recommends masking in schools with 5% COVID rate, while not issuing a mandateby Rachael Pacella on May 18, 2022 at 5:00 pm
With COVID-19 rates rising, Anne Arundel schools Superintendent George Arlotto has announced that the system will ask students and staff to mask at schools where at least 5% of its population has tested positive for the virus.
- Road worker killed after being struck by car in Davidsonville, driver arrestedby Dan Belson on May 18, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Anne Arundel County Police said in a news release that Lizeth Guzman, 56, of Baltimore County died after she was struck by a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee operated by Christopher Jonathan Asher, 48, of Davidsonville.
- ‘A magical night’: Baltimore-area students go big with fancy clothes and ax-throwing at pandemic delayed promsby Lillian Reed, Sabrina LeBoeuf on May 18, 2022 at 11:00 am
The prom tradition gives many teens an opportunity to stand out, but this year’s party paradoxically provides them with a shot at feeling normal.
- Bowie man killed in fatal weekend crash in Linthicumon May 17, 2022 at 9:01 pm
A Bowie man died in a single-vehicle crash after striking a utility pole in Linthicum, according to Anne Arundel County Police.
- Annapolis finance commission sounds alarm on city’s financial future in fiscal 2023 budget reportby Brooks DuBose on May 17, 2022 at 8:08 pm
Members of an Annapolis commission expressed doubts about the city’s ability to pay its bills in two years when the federal aid package it received during the COVID-19 pandemic runs out.
- Anne Arundel County Council unanimously approves $11.4 million Gibson Island loan for community improvementsby Dana Munro on May 17, 2022 at 6:50 pm
In order to pay for the loan, the residents on Gibson Island will pay a higher property tax than the rest of the county, according to a bill approved Monday.
- ‘He was so full of love’: Crofton shooting victim remembered as a backflipping ‘ball of sunshine’by Dan Belson on May 16, 2022 at 9:48 pm
Britrain Marcelus Gray was a “firecracker” and a “ball of sunshine,” a caring person who knew how to make others smile, his girlfriend said following the 23-year-old Odenton resident’s death by homicide.
- Maryland weather: Severe thunderstorms expected Monday afternoon and evening, forecasters sayby Christine Condon on May 16, 2022 at 9:19 pm
Severe thunderstorms are expected in Maryland on Monday afternoon and evening.
- Naval Academy rounds out year with grueling Sea Trials, Herndon Monument climb, celebratory Commissioning Weekby Rebecca Ritzel on May 16, 2022 at 7:47 pm
An 14-hour endurance test for the freshman class signals the open of Commissioning Week activities at the U.S. Naval Academy. Graduation events will bring traffic disruptions, the Blue Angels and the president to Annapolis.