Welcome Forums Suggestion Box Pool Capacity

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by admin 4 months ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

debbielarsson
    Participant
    @debbielarsson

Dear Board,

I am concerned with the pool capacity being so low.  Since when can a board with no input from community make up their own rules and go against health department and Governor recommendations?  I vote for following the state mandated number.

Gregg Heacock
    Participant
    @gregheacock

Dear Board,

Just want to be sure you were able to access my post.  I posted under pool capacity and hours as well.

Last Sunday I considered going to the pool for the afternoon but when I walked by it, I saw it had the maximum capacity of 16 already there.  Despite that,  the pool area looked almost empty.  Therefore, I did not even try to sign up online, and was disappointed.  I believe that Governor Hogan, who is quite conservative from a public health standpoint, agreed that outdoor pools can take up to 50% capacity.  I urge you to reconsider the maximum number allowed at our pool so that more of our neighborhood can access our wonderful amenities.

Thank you for all your time and effort put towards our community.

Paula

admin
    Keymaster
    @fcfh0@_adm1n

Thank you for your comments in our FCF suggestion box.  It is very important to the Board to hear from the community we serve, and appreciate your taking the time to write us.

We would like to assure you that the Board consulted with our pool committee, attorney, property management company, and several others to make both the decision to open at all, and to set the limit on number of swimmers per time slot. We carefully considered numerous factors and set out what we felt were prudent guidelines which you can see here (https://social.fishingcreekfarm.org/fcf-temporary-rules-for-use-of-the-pool/ ). Our primary goal was and is the safety of our residents, and collectively we decided to start with a limit that we felt was manageable, with the idea that as we gained experience with how the limit was being respected relative to social distancing we could revisit occupancy as we moved forward.

We invite you to participate in tonight’s BOD monthly videoconference meeting, open to all members of the FCF community, as this will be one of the items on our agenda.

June BOD meeting
    Tue, Jun 23, 2020 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM (EDT)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. 
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/849030389

You can also dial in using your phone. 
    United States: +1 (646) 749-3112

Access Code: 849-030-389

admin
    Keymaster
    @fcfh0@_adm1n

During our Board of Directors’ meeting on June 23rd, the Pool Committee gave the Board and community that joined in a full presentation of all of the considerations that went into setting the capacity for the pool, as well as the challenges of being able to even open the pool at all. Please click on the link below to watch that presentation.  It is highly enlightening as to all of the issues that the committee faced, and the importance of following social distancing guidelines.  It also covers their new recommendations to raise the capacity to 22 patrons starting on Friday the 26th.

https://social.fishingcreekfarm.org/uncategorized/pool-committee-recommendations-on-covid-19-prevention/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.