- Use of the pool is restricted to Fishing Creek Farm Homeowners Association (FCFHOA) members in good standing and their guests. Each member entering the pool must sign in for entry.
- No diving or flips from the side of the pool.
- No abusive or profane language or breach of the peace will be tolerated.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area at any time, with the exception of FCFHOA sponsored events that expressly allow for pets.
- All radios must be kept at a low volume.
- Glass containers and chewing gum are not permitted in the pool area at any time.
- Only proper type bathing suits are permissible. Cut-offs are not permitted in the pool.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Bicycles, motorbikes, skateboards, or similar types of equipment are not permitted in the pool area.
- No one, other than the lifeguard, is permitted on the lifeguard chair at any time.
- When only one lifeguard is on duty, the pool will be cleared for 10 minutes at the beginning of each to allow for pool water testing and a break.
- Management will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property of any kind.
13. The lifeguard must be on duty and the pool officially open before any user is allowed in the water.
- All swimmers shall exit the pool at the lifeguard’s request. The pool may be closed at any time due to mechanical breakdown, operational difficulties, or inclement weather. The decision is at the sole discretion of management.
- Individuals may be barred from the pool or pool area, at the discretion of the lifeguard in charge, for violation of said rules or for any other reason which in his/her judgement constitutes a hazard to others or pool management.
- All persons using the pool or pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. The management does not assume responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. The patrons agree to save harmless the management and/or association from any and all liabilities and action of whatsoever nature by any guest’s use of the swimming pool or pool area.
- The cost of any property damage will be charged to the responsible party.
18. Any issue(s) should be reported promptly to a member of the FCF Pool Committee for resolution.
- Guests must be accompanied by a FCFHOA member in good standing at all times. When the member leaves, they must ensure that their guest(s) leaves with them. Violation of this rule may result in loss of guest privileges.
- Member will be held responsible for all actions of their guest(s).
Parent/Guardian Supervision Responsibilities
- Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and regulations and to respond to emergencies, but parent/guardian is ultimately responsible for ensuring the safety of their child.
- Parent/Guardian must watch their children closely whenever they are near or in the water, regardless of their age or swimming ability.
- Parent/Guardian must accompany a non-swimmer in the water at all times.
- Children may use the wading pool only when accompanied by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must remain in the wading pool and supervise the child at all times. Children over the age of 6 are not permitted to use the wading pool.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a resident 12 years of age or older. If the child is in the large pool, the guardian must be in the immediate vicinity of the child. The child’s guardian is responsible for the child’s conduct.
- Parent/guardian must maintain visual contact with, and be in control of children at all times.
- Parent/Guardian is solely responsible for assessing and knowing their child’s swimming ability. Parent/Guardian is solely responsible for approaching manager if they feel the child’s swimming ability needs to be assessed in order to be in the water unaccompanied by a parent/guardian.
General Safety Regulations
- No diving or flips from the side of the pool.
- For the purpose of supporting non-swimmers, inner tubes, water wings, and all other flotation devices are not permitted at any time. For safety purposes, only a life vest approved by the United States Coast Guard is to be used. If a child uses such a life vest, a parent or guardian must accompany the child in the water at all times.
- Floatation mats, rafts, inner tubes and water wings are permitted in the pool at the life guard’s discretion.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area will not be tolerated. Spouting of water and similar unhygienic acts will not be permitted in the pool.
- Prolonged underwater swimming, breath-holding or games including such behavior is prohibited. 6. Glass containers (i.e. baby food jars, drink bottles, etc.) are not permitted in the pool area.
7. All trash and recycling must be disposed of in an appropriate receptacle.
8. All personal injuries, however slight, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- All bathers must shower before entering the pool.
- Admission shall be refused to all persons having infectious disease, sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, or any communicable disease of any kind. Persons with excessive sunburn, open sores, or bandages of any kind will not be permitted.
- Infants and children wearing diapers or who are not toilet trained shall be permitted in the pool, but must wear tight fitting rubber pants or “swim diapers.” In the event of fecal contamination, pool will be closed in accordance with Health Department regulations.